Urgent Care vs ER
Top 5 reasons to Consider an Urgent Care versus the ER,
1. Better value than Emergency Room - A recent study shows emergency room costs are approximately 700% more than the cost for the same level of quality medical care received at an urgent care facility.
2. Save Time - The ER fortunately triages emergency conditions to the top of their list. However, what this means when you go to an ER is that if your issue is not life threatening you will be put at the bottom of the list and often wait 3-4 hours before you're seen. At Prompt Urgent Care, our door to door time is less than 1 hour.
3. Lower co-payments - Many major insurance companies categorize urgent care facilities as primary care facilities, so co-payments may be substantially lower than co-payments required for a trip to the Emergency Room.
4. U.S. Government - According to the Division of Health Care Statistics, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, only 15 percent of patients seen at hospital emergency rooms were truly emergency cases. This means approximately 85% of patients that go to an ER do not have a true medical emergency.
3. Prompt Urgent Care offers an alternate option that:
- Eases the strain on the overburdened ER system
- Provides patients with reduced costs of care
- Decreases patient time in the clinic
- All this with superb medical treatment, in a welcoming environment